Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Natural Cleaning: Olive Oil

Olive Oil isn't just good for your body, you can clean with it too! I love cleaning with natural products, not only are they less expensive but I don't have to worry about the yucky toxins in most chemical-based cleaners sold today.

If you have stainless steel appliances, they can be tough to keep clean... especially with kids. I was so excited when we bought our stainless steel appliances, but I didn't realize the upkeep. There seem to be tiny finger prints constanly on the fridge, dishwasher and oven... o and don't forget the trashcan too. I had tried a few different products marketed to clean stainless steel they left streakes, and boy they were smelly! My wonderful husband told me about using olive oil on a microfiber, and it seriously does the trick. Just make sure to use a small amount and wipe with the grain of the stainless steel.

Another great use for olive oil is wood! Mix a 1-part olive oil, and 1-part lemon juice. 2 tablespoons of each is what I usually use. Put it on a soft cloth and wipe down your wood surfaces. I love the fresh lemon scent, and it really shines my table up beautifully.


There are natural cleaners that can be used all throughout the house, I will share them soon. But until' then, what is your favorite homemade, natural cleaner?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails