Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Veggie and Hummus Snack

The kids and I LOVE hummus, it makes veggies so craveable, and hummus is a healthy dip. Here is a little veggie and hummus bowl I put together. I used small skewers to put the little tomatoes and cucumber slices on. Then added carrot, celery and red pepper slices and a dollop of hummus. If you serve food that is colorful, and with fun shapes, it's so much more attractive to kids. Especially when the snack is interactive, my kids love to "dip" their foods.
Most stores carry hummus, or you can make your own. All you need is chick peas (garbanzo beans) a bit of tahini (sesame seed paste), lemon juice, garlic, olive oil and salt. When I'm really lazy, I'll skip the tahini and it still turns out pretty good. If you want to get fancy you can try a roasted red pepper hummus too. I once found a chocolate hummus recipe... I know it doesn't sound like it'd be that great, but it.was.incredible, just wish I could find a recipe for it.
If you haven't made hummus before, give it a try. Here is a link to a basic hummus recipe:

Do you have a tasty hummus recipe to share? Leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails