Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Handmade Felt Food

About a year ago, I discovered the wonderful world of felt food. It's so adorable and doesn't have alot of the chemicals and toxins that most store bought toys have.

Our bodies are constantly exposed to yucky chemicals, and toxins. Many plastic toys have these yucky chemicals, as some of you mom's may recall the recent pull of plastic bottles that contain BPA (Bispenol A) Definition found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisphenol_A

So for me, it is important to limit the exposure of as many chemicals and toxins as I can from my home, and what better way to do it than with this adorable felt food! This doesn't mean I threw out every toy that my kids own, but I do what I can when I can, ya know?

My kids love it, and the texture of the felt is also nice in comparison to the plastic play foods. Below are a few veggies I made recently. I will be posting a free tutorial soon, so you can learn to make some of your own felt food for your kids to enjoy too:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails