Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Homeschooling: Where to Start?

So I finally wrapped my brain around the fact that I was going to homeschool my children, but where do I start? I was so lost I couldn't see the light peeking through at the other end of the tunnel. There seemed to be so many unanswered questions, and to much information to understand this from that.

For starters, you should find out what the laws are for your state. Once I found out that NC doesn't require you to register your child with the state until' age 7, it made things a bit easier on me. Just having to deal with the technical stuff up front was a bit daunting. I know in SC you  need to register your child with the state when they are 5, so requirements vary by state.

How do I know what my state requires? Check out the link below to see your states Home School laws:
http://www.hslda.org/laws/default.asp

Once you know your state requirements, you can submit the appropriate information, etc.

Then you're ready for obstacle #2- What to teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails